Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Surprise Rock


Apparently I am playing at Beerland this friday night. I think we're first opener. Um, it's probably going to be one of the Black Monkey Chopper things (members of 3 bands squeezed into one). I'm assuming Frank will be singing, so if you haven't heard Frank sing, you should come check it out. He kinda does a James Hetfield sorta thing. Don't know if Rhett's going to play drums, bass or sax. Maybe all three. We'll play early, so if anyone wants to go do something awesome after, I'm down.


Sorry about the lack of post today. Work is busy busy. And unfortunately I probably won't have another Filmdoom review until the weekend, as I have Millipede practice tonight and Black Panda practice tomorrow night (we're playing 3 shows next month).

What? Oh, the picture? Yeah, that's the picture Alex Winter has on his IMDB page. Kinda pedophiley, huh? Seems an odd picture choice, but he's a pretty weird guy. Anyway, I put the picture up because I heard Alex Winter is currently writing the screenplay for a remake of The Gate (the original starred an extremely prepubescent Stephen Dorff). Look forward to some The Gate related fun over the weekend.



Even though I have decided my new catchphrase is, "Looking forward to tacos," for reasons I cannot explain I decided instead to order and eat my first ever beef `n' bean burrito (from Nuevo Leon). It was quite beany. I've never had so much refried beans in one sitting. In fact, aside from a little bit on one order of nachos a few months ago, I've never really eaten refried beans before. It was a decent burrito. Overly bean-flavored, but tastyish. But I'm realizing I should have taken the refried bean consumption a little slower my first time. My insides feel like angry vomit. I think I might die. I've been bean-poisoned.


Arkham Studios makes amazing 12" bronze finished statues for $200 each. The Lovecraft, Crowley and Poe statues are kickass, check them out. They also make a nifty 7" Brown Jenkin for $65.


Well, the work keeps flowing and that's all I got. Sorry today's post wasn't entertaining. If I have time after practice tonight, I'll do a review on a short documentary or something. Or just upload a picture of my wang.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. You ate beans. I never thought I would see the day...although I didn't actually see it...nevermind. Anyhoo...I like your wang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans. The musical fruit. The more you eat...nevermind.
    Nice wang.

    ReplyDelete