Tuesday, February 10, 2009

News That Is Unsurprising


[via SlashFilm]

According to the Sunday Times, Hollywood studios (I quote) are already fighting for the rights to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, a Jane Austen rewrite that injects a little undead action and is due to hit bookstores in April.

Seth Grahame-Smith’s novel apparently makes liberal use of Austen’s original text, so far out of copyright that anybody could do anything they want to it with only the hordes of rampant Austenites to worry about. “About 85% is the original” says the author.


I hate it when someone comes up with a simple, clever idea, does very little work and then gets handed a suitcase full of money. I hate it because it never happens to me. Damn you Internet, where's my money suitcase?!

No comments:

Post a Comment