Friday, January 9, 2009

Random Strangers Who Love Me

(He looked exactly like this, except black and not a child and not wearing a day-glow tie.)


I had just stepped out the door to have a smoke at work today when a loud man walked up to me and said:

"Having a smoke huh? I think I will too! I was just at the DPS and the lady said I had a warrant out for my arrest! I was like, what the hell? I said lemme see that. I couldn't believe it. He was born June 10th. 4 days after me. Same year. Unbelievable. My name is James Wayne Dickerson. His name said James W. Dickerson. That's crazy. Can you believe that? Crazy. Hey, have a great day."

And he walked off. The soliloquy was actually much, much longer, but it was mostly him repeating that same stuff in different ways for 5 minutes, with me mumbling, "wow" every 30 seconds or so to be polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment