Sunday, April 12, 2009

Slave Shatner


I'm not proud of this. RobJax gave me this idea, and I sketched this out to see if I could pull it off. I used to be pretty good at figure drawing, but as you can see my talent has grown pretty weak from lack of use. I already spent about an hour screwing around with this and I think it's obvious I should come back to this idea later, once I've gotten some of my old skills back with more practice. Oh, and I did the head super quick in Photoshop by throwing a 50% opacity Shatner photo on a layer and tracing it. I didn't expect it to look any good, as I had already decided not to try to finish it as it is. But it's a funny idea, so I thought I'd show it to you.

By the way, when I went to scan my sketch, I found that the HP software has decided not to work after exactly TWO scans. I checked HP's website to find a fix and guess what? Their software apparently cannot properly function with Windows Vista, so their solution is "Use MS PAINT's scanning function". Seriously? MSPAINT?! If I hadn't gotten this printer free, I'd be returning it right now. Luckily I was only temporarily using the printer with my Vista laptop until I can get a shelf built next to my XP machine, so this won't be an issue from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Holy fucking shit. I can't believe you did it. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I almost did it. I'll do it better later. After years of study and apprenticeship, I'll make a fucking fresco.

    ReplyDelete